CAR ACCIDENT/INJURY YORK PA
That is what insurance is for, and the law requires that motor vehicle operators have it. Insurance companies, however, are for-profit businesses. They answer to stockholders and have a vested interest in minimizing the amount they pay in claims every year, one claim at a time. For this reason, it is important to work with attorneys who understands how insurers think, how they operate, and the tactics they use to try and minimize the amount they have to pay to injury victims. Getting you fair compensation enforces the rules for safe driving and makes our entire community safer.
For this reason, it’s important to work with attorneys who understands how insurers think, how they operate, and the tactics they use to try and minimize the amount they have to pay to injury victims.
But when the insurance company doesn’t offer the help you need, what can you do? The answer is simple: Call our personal injury attorneys at Stambaugh Law P.C. located in York PA. We help our clients obtain the compensation they need and deserve while sending a message to the unsafe drivers in our community.
- Initial consultation at Stambaugh Law, P.C.: Your one-on-one attorney client relationship begins when you meet with Attorney Stambaugh (not a paralegal or law clerk), at your very first attorney-client meeting. That first meeting is an in-depth interview, case evaluation and overview of the law. This initial meeting often lasts in excess of one hour, during which your attorney determines the nature of your case, discusses with you the extent and severity of your injuries, learns about your treatment plan, outlines and details the myriad factual and legal issues in your case, and summarizes what you can expect going forward.
- Determining liabilities: At Stambaugh Law P.C., we look for all liable parties in an accident. An auto crash could also include street, intersection and/or roadway design defect issues, or it could include product liability issues. There could be more than one negligent party. Evaluating all potential sources of liability is even more imperative when accident injuries are serious and could potentially result in long-term or permanent disability. We work to identify all the risks to the community that contributed to your injuries.
- Assessing injuries: It is essential that you see a doctor about your accident injuries. The sooner you go to a doctor, the sooner you can begin the medical treatment you need for recovery, and the more likely you are to be referred to a doctor who specializes in your precise type of injury. We will track your medical progress and move your case forward in a manner that is the most consistent with giving you the opportunity to make the best possible recovery. After all, at the end of the day, no amount of money is a substitute for your health. A brain injury, spinal cord injury, broken bones and/or joint injuries can require surgery and extended medical care. We regularly re-evaluate your case at each step of your medical treatment.
- Investigating the incident: We will examine police reports, secure evidence, visit the incident site and, whenever necessary, have an investigator reconstruct the event.
- Handling your insurance claims: Insurance claims are detailed and can be complicated. With our attorneys’ extensive experience, we know how to file effective claims. We also know how much a claim is worth. To recover from an incident, you need the full value of your claim. We will also help with subrogation liens involving your health insurance company.
At Fault Drivers, Comparative Negligence, and Claims Payouts
In the State of Pennsylvania, if you share more than 50% of fault in a car accident, you cannot recover damages for your injuries or property loss. If you share 50% or less of the fault, your damages will be prorated and limited by the amount of fault assigned to you. For example, if you suffered $10,000 in damages and are judged by the court to be 20% at fault, you can only recover up to $8,000. For this reason, insurance companies are keen to investigate car crashes in order to see if any amount of fault can be assigned to an injured driver. That’s why we work with accident investigators in order to determine how the event really happened and who was at fault for causing it.
At Stambaugh Law P.C., every auto incident victim receives one-on-one, personal attention from Attorney Stambaugh. Our clients never have to worry about being passed off to someone else. Located at 2121 South Queen Street at the intersection of South Queen Street and I-83, Stambaugh Law, P.C. offers ample, safe, free and on-site handicapped-accessible parking. Contact us for a free consultation to discuss your auto incident.CONTACT US FOR A FREE CONSULTATION →
Road fatalities and accidents are often grave and can leave the victim with lifelong injuries and chronic pain. In some cases, accidents happening on roads may lead to the loss of lives. The most unfortunate bit is most road accidents are preventable. Basic road etiquette, such as checking for motorists and pedestrians, being alert while…
Are Tractor-Trailer Accidents More Serious Than You Thought? All accidents are severe and should be avoided at all times. However, in most cases, some types of accidents are accorded more importance. While common, tractor-trailer injuries face some of the least compensation percentages from accidents and other injuries. Primarily, this is why you should seek professional…
Types of Distracted Driving Car accidents are devastating, especially because one can never tell when they’ll happen. But if you are driving while distracted, getting involved in a car accident shouldn’t come as a surprise. Distraction is a big-time safety concern. And not just when driving, but when doing other tasks requiring all of your…